| FAQs >> Postpaid Dialup
Basic Information on the Product
Q1. What are the benefits of the new Postpaid Dial Up product on Tata Indicom Total Internet?
The All New Postpaid Dial Up brings together all the Content and Services features on Tata Indicom Total Internet and a unique payment mechanism, which allows you to pay as you use, and the following benefits:
- Subscription to the Internet service without having to purchase an Internet pack.
- Option to pay as per your usage at the end of the month, or pay an upfront amount at the beginning of the month to enjoy special packages.
- Freedom from renewals and from checking your account balance at all times.
- Access to Content and Services on Dial Up Internet, which are unparalleled in the market today.
Q2. What is the criteria for a customer to subscribe to the Postpaid product?
Following are the criteria for a customer to subscribe to the Postpaid product:
- For subscribing to the Postpaid Dial Up product, a customer should necessarily have a MASTER or VISA Credit Card. We do not support DINER and AMEX card customers for Postpaid Dial Up.
- At the time of moving your account/creating a new account on Postpaid Dial Up, the Credit Card expiry date should be due after more than 60 days. In case it is due in less than 60 days, we would not be able to move/create an account for you on Postpaid Dial Up.
The Postpaid product involves creation of the User ID and Password for the customers after receiving the Credit Card details and the monthly Internet usage amounts are deducted from the Credit Card account. This allows the customers a very convenient “Auto-Debit” for the Internet usage charges.
Q3. How is the new Postpaid Dial Up product different from the Prepaid Dial Up service being used by me?
Following are the key differences in the Prepaid Dial Up service which you are using and the new Postpaid Dial Up product:
- The Prepaid Dial Up service is most suitable for controlling your Dial Up Internet spend, wherein you pay a plan wise value upfront, and use the same till the validity of the pack. Postpaid Dial Up is suitable if you want to use as per your needs for Dial Up and Value Added services, and pay later depending on the usage. It is predominantly a payment mechanism difference.
- All the features which you are currently enjoying on Prepaid Dial Up will also be available on Postpaid Dial Up.
- The Prepaid Dial Up plan can expire basis value or validity whichever is earlier. In case of Postpaid Dial Up, the expiry date is fixed as the Credit Card expiry date. The scenarios in which your account can get inactive is due to decline of payments from the issuing bank, failure to fill a new facilitation form on expiry of Credit Card or manual de-activation by you on the website. You can fill a new form and retain your User ID till within 2 months of your Credit Card expiry.
- Prepaid Dial Up requires you to renew your account on validity or value expiry, whereas Postpaid Dial Up requires you to fill a new facilitation form before expiry of your Credit Card to continue access to your User ID.
Q4. On what basis does the Postpaid Dial Up product operate for facilitating subscription and payments for Internet usage?
Ans.: VSNL has tied up with leading banking institutions to facilitate the Postpaid Dial Up product. The Credit Card details received from the customers are verified with the Bank, based on which the User ID and Password is created for the customers. The monthly usage charges for Internet usage thereon are raised on the monthly Credit Card statement as an additional line item.
Q5. Can I have multiple accounts on one Credit Card number?
Ans.: No. You would not be able to have multiple accounts on one Credit Card number. One Credit Card number can be used to create only one Postpaid Dial Up User ID.
Q6. What are the benefits which the Postpaid Dial Up offering from VSNL offer as compared to the other Dial Up products in the market?
Following are the category wise benefits which the Postpaid Dial Up offerings from VSNL offers compared to the other Dial Up products in the market:
- Other Prepaid Dial Up products:
- No need for purchasing an Internet starter kit by paying any amount upfront.
- No need for renewing the account on reaching validity or value expiry. The Postpaid product from VSNL allows you to use the account till the expiry date of the Credit Card.
- Flexible Tariff options of choosing to pay as per the monthly usage or choosing from the pre-commitment packages allowing you access to Special night surfing and Unlimited bundled plans. (Details in the “Tariffs and Features” section)
- Access to Content and Services unparalleled in the Dial Up market today. The list of value added features on Tata Indicom Total Internet i.e. Net Telephony, Enhanced Mail services etc would be made available on the Postpaid product.
- Postpaid Dial Up products from BSNL/MTNL:
- Options to choose from a range of flexible tariff options. VSNL Postpaid Dial Up offers you access to the following packages, which are not provided by the Basic Service Operator Dial Up plans:
- Usage slab wise tariff benefits for the pay-as-you-use plan, which means that you pay less as you use more.
- Special Night Surfing package with free browsing timings that allow you to make most use of the Internet, if you prefer surfing in the night. The Basic Service Operator plans do not offer free night surfing.
- Special Pre-commitment packages, if you want to fix a limit to your Internet usage. These packages are available in the form of Unlimited plans bundled with features and a plan with fixed number of Internet hours. (Details in the “Tariffs and Features” section)
- Only One Convenient mode of paying your Internet access charges: With the Basic Service Operator plans, you need to pay the bills through cheques or through ECS (Electronic Clearance System). But with VSNL’s Postpaid product, you don’t need to worry about paying your usage bills, due to the “Auto-Debit” feature from the Credit Card account.
- Usage of the Internet account at any of the more than 280 locations of VSNL across the country. With the Basic Service Operator plans, the usage of Internet is restricted to the phone number at your home. VSNL Postpaid Dial Up offers you the freedom to use your account when you are traveling across the country.
- Access to value added services unparalleled in the Dial Up market today. The list of Content and Services features on Tata Indicom Total Internet i.e. Net Telephony, Enhanced Mail services and other content services.
Q7. Can I subscribe to the Postpaid Dial Up service by paying the monthly bill by cheque or cash, instead of filling up a facilitation form?
Ans.: No. For subscribing to the Postpaid Dial Up services, it is mandatory for you to fill the facilitation form. Also the benefit is that you would not need to submit a cheque every month depending on your usage.
Q8. How secure is the Postpaid Dial Up service in terms of the Credit Card information and the monthly debit for usage?
Ans.: VSNL has tied up with a leading Banking institution for facilitating the payment mechanism for the Postpaid Dial Up product. The Credit Card details submitted by you are kept completely confidential to avoid any misuse. We are not asking you to fill the Credit Card information at the time of filling the personal details on the website or through our customer service representatives. This information would be filled by you and handed over to the courier representative only after sealing in an envelope provided by us. There are strong service level agreements with the courier company for preventing any potential misuse. The process of sending the monthly usage amounts to the Issuing bank for Auto debit is also completely automated as per the guidelines of MASTER/VISA using proper encryption mechanisms.